This week, our Chamber and Greenhouse Choirs performed in the Alderley Edge Music Festival and came away with some astounding awards, both for group, solo and duet performances:
- The Chamber Choir sang wonderfully and were awarded third place! The adjudicator commented specifically on their round tone in Now the Sun is Shining and their excellent expression in A Cat Called Alexander.
- HT in Year 4 commented that he ‘felt 10-feet tall’ after singing his solo and coming 4th! His very first festival performance and such a positive experience.
- Congratulations to our fabulous Greenhouse Choir who sang with flair and joy this morning, coming fourth in their class. A mixture of Year 2 and Year 3 Foresters, they represented the school with aplomb!
- Another debut festival performance from NH in Year 5 as she lulled the audience with her beautiful rendition of Hushabye Mountain this afternoon. Gorgeous singing that was noted by the adjudicator.
- AW (Year 3) was awarded a well-deserved second place for his piano duet.
- MH (Year 6) and IF (Year 4) were awarded third place in the Piano Duet class, with the adjudicator praising their sense of ensemble and the way they managed the rise and fall of dynamics.
So much to celebrate- well done to all those involved and a huge thank you to Alderley Edge for hosting us.